Who we are
We are Resimion – Resimion Limited, Company Number 12511395 registered in England and Wales.
Our Registered office address is Woodlands Grange, Woodlands Lane, Bradley Stoke, Bristol, BS32 4JY.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When your lecturer or trainer runs a scenario simulation with you, the Resimion platform allows you to earn or lose points, spend budgets and allow a timer to count down how long the scenario runs for based on the decisions you make.
Whilst you are busy working through the scenario your lecturer has designed, the Resimion system collects each choice/decision you make, the time which you made it, and uses it to determine your rank or score based on what the lecturer has set. This is called Decision data, and does not personally identify you in any way.
All of our data is kept on a data minimisation basis, and kept only for scientific/statistical purposes to help you improve your application of knowledge to specific situations.
We do collect two items of Personal Data to facilitate the Resimion process. This data allows us to send you the feedback on how you did, and how you can do better next time.
The two items of personal data we keep are:
- Your university or organisation email address: This allows you to login, and also for us to send you unique notifications. This email address also allows your lecturer to see who you are whilst you are working through simulated scenarios. This is required to allow Resimion to work and allocate you scenarios.
- Student Number of Employee ID: Optionally, your lecturer or learning leader can add a reference when they add your email address. This is typically an identifier such as a student number to help the export of marks or grades to a learning management system (such as Blackboard or Canvas). This is not required to allow Resimion to work.
We do not store any other personal data, including your name or modules or courses that you are enrolled on, and you have no opportunity to add any personal data at any point in the Resimion process. We will never ask you for anything other than an email address to identify you.
Personal data identified above is stored securely in Amazon Web Services. We do not collect any other personal details as part of the Resimion system.
Media: Videos, Images and Files
If you upload files, videos or images to the Resimion platform as part of your scenario, you understand that you have sole control over the content of the images and whether they contain your personal data or not. Resimion advises you to carefully check your uploads before uploading to ensure they do not contain your own personal data.
Who we share your data with
We never share your data with a 3rd party for marketing or other purposes. In short, only you, your lecturer/trainer or any associate that the lecturer/trainer has given access to can see your email address and decision data for a scenario, similar to any other assessment you take at your institution. Your institution or Resimion may also use your scoring data anonymously in aggregated reports, papers or presentations to improve or share the scenario learning experience.
If you wish to opt out of any analysis, or have any questions about how you or your institution use Resimion data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will share your data if instructed to do so by a court of law in England or Wales, or with enforcement authorities if there is an explicit legal requirement to do so. We may be legally restricted from notifying you if this is the case.
How long we retain your data
Your data is retained until one of the following conditions occurs:
- You contact us at email@example.com and ask for your email address/account to be removed from the system. Note that if you do this and you are on an active course, your lecturer may be unable to give you assessments or access your marks.
- You do not login or use the Resimion platform for over 6 months, in which case your user account (email address and, if provided, student number) is deleted.
- Your lecturer removes you from all active ‘spaces’ across all universities (if you belong to more than one) – if all of your lecturers/trainers remove you from all module or programme spaces within the Resimion platform, then your account will be removed if you do not login to it for a period of 30 days.
Support Contact Data
All support contact occurs either via Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via LiveChat on the website. All support interactions are kept for a period of 12 months and then automatically purged. Emails you send us will contain your email address and name, or other personal details as may be in your email signature.
You can ask for these to be purged in the same way as described under ‘How long we retain your data’. Emails and Live chats are not processed in any way other than to respond to the support query or problem you are contacting us about.
What rights you have over your data
You can contact email@example.com at any time and ask for your user account to be removed. The lecturer(s) or trainer(s) that added you will be notified if your account is attached to an active module space as this may affect your marks or grades if you are registered with an active course.
Data Breach Notification
In the event of a data breach involving your email address or student identifier, we will contact your university and yourself to notify you of:
- The extent and scope of the breach
- What we are doing about the breach
- Whether or not we have notified the ICO
- A Timetable of activities to resolve the breach
- And when available, the root cause and resolution we have put in place.
Where we store and process your data
No personal data leaves the country or region in which your organisation is incorporated. For example, for UK universities no data leaves the London (UK) Amazon Web Services datacenter, other than to the web browser you are using to access the Resimion platform and location you are accessing it from.
The Data Protection Officer (DPO) contact for Resimion is Dan Clark, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For GDPR purposes, Resimion Limited is the Data Controller and Data Processor.